Friday, April 9, 2010

HUMPTY DUMPTY'S BACK TOGETHER AGAIN!


I just wanted to drop in and say hello and thank you for seeing Miss M and me through this life saving and life altering process. The enormous support, interest and amount of love and prayers has amazed and humbled us both.

I saw Miss M this week-end and we compared our matching owies and celebrated the return of mobility and semblance of strength.

We want to write our stories in more detail but they are still unfolding. We are still mopping the sweat from our brows as we recover and climb this giant mountain with regular life at the apex. For now we both hope our loved ones will understand our relative silence and the box of unwritten thank you cards we both carry around with us. They will be sent, we are eternally grateful and could not have survived without you.

I have been enjoying a 3 week break from the transplant clinic which has given me a chance to feel, heal and spend time with my Tot and family. It has taken awhile for the trauma of seeing things a 2 year old should never have to see to soothe and fade. The Tot can mostly sleep through the night without crying for me, looking to make sure I haven't gone back "to the doctor's house". I can't offer any promises but only to reassure that I AM HERE! We've had so many joyful moments. The haircut with the giggles, the morning whisper chats, photo shoots, bike rides, wheelchair races and many many others. I am so happy to be here, be alive and so thankful to you, my family and, of course, the warrior that made it possible.... my dear friend, Miss M. xoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxxo Much love.

6 comments:

  1. Dear Michelle,
    Hi sweet heart,
    Mel and I have been keeping up with your enormous health ordeal and have been heart broken by your (& Miss M's) heroic disposition. We have been praying for your speedy recovery on a regular basis.
    It is wonderful to see this beautiful photo of you and your Tot!
    I love you very much and hope someday to see you again and meet your family.
    All my love,
    Deb Helleren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are way TOO cute...I want to pinch you both and miss my giggling tater tot!...I love you so much...amazin' amazin' ....we can't wait for a california visit...we'll get a late night chat in one of these days...you're liver is doubling in size as I write this! kisses forever, j

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle,
    Thank you so much for your post and especially the beautiful picture. A picture paints a thousand words, and you look WONDERFUL!!! And as for the mile-wide grin on little Nate's face, well that is worthy of another thousand words. My thoughts and prayers remain with you as you continue your climb back to wellness.
    Lesley Armstrong
    (Adele's mom-in-law)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle,
    You and your amazing friend have always been in my thoughts and prayers. I'm ecstatic to see you looking so well!! And the smile on Nate's face - priceless!!! He is adorable.
    While I may not be in contact with you, please know you are always in my heart. You are so very blessed to have the love of so many, from family and friends, which shows what a special person your are. Keep getting better and stronger.

    Love you!
    Caterina D

    ReplyDelete
  5. How great is that pic : )
    Sienna is always sure to tell people "auntie chelle has a new pink liver", and we know how she feels about pink!

    trace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle, I am thinking of you always. I really miss you and I can't wait to see you again. Please call me whenever you feel up to it! xoxo I love ya.

    ReplyDelete