Thursday, February 18, 2010

Complete with Fireworks!

Michelle and Miss M. were doing great last night in terms of post op. Both are having some issues with pain, that hopefully will be resolved soon. Michelle seemed more comfortable when I left her last night.

Michelle looks healthier already! Her new liver has even brought up her platelets already! She was drowsy from the medication, but could carry a conversation. We were giddy as we discussed all the things that will be different for her now that she has her brand spankin' new liver! No zinc, no more nausea, no more banding, heck she can probably even drink tap water now!

The staff kept commenting on how well she was doing. The surgeon popped by and said things were going well, but she's not out of the woods yet. He said they had a great organ to work with. Way to go Miss M.!

I sat with Michelle, gave her sips of water and fed her ice chips, it was sweet : ). We even got to watch the olympic fireworks. Well I did, and half the staff, cause Michelle had the best view in the house. She snoozed through it ; )

Hopefully Michelle will be getting a few more tubes out today, and she may even get transferred to the transplant ward. She would really like to normalize enough to see Tater tot, and she's also eager to see Miss M.

Praying for pain relief, healing for both; and of course for Michelle's new liver to graft and love it's new home!

5 comments:

  1. Okay, well, clearly I should not read this while I am at work. I'm just hoping nobody notices that I am crying with joy at reading how well it has gone. I wish I had been able to meet Michelle before the transplant but I have loved getting to know her through this blog. Thanks. Love again to her and to my dear friend Meghan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go, Michelle and Meghan! Starting to breathe a little again....

    ReplyDelete
  3. So incredibly wonderful...I love that you have seen her, fed her ice-chips, and there are so many people that love them both...to the ease of pain...to healthy pink bodies! My love, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you again for the updates... :) What great news... I am grateful both ar recovering so well. Amazing, amazing, amazing... with love and well wishes, from family friends here in kelowna... Will be back again for another update... Look forward to hearing how the visit goes with Nat, when Michelle is ready.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Tracy for the wonderful details of their recovery. We continue to pray and pass positive engery and thoughts to these ladies and their families.

    Corina

    ReplyDelete