Friday, February 20, 2009

The Nanny

In times past when there was a medical emergency, there was always this sense of panic "what about the baby?". Michelle and I discussed her situation tuesday morning, whether to consult the doctor or not about her worsening symptoms. I think she was 99% decided, but wanted my 1% assurance that she was not making more of nothing. When it was decided that she needed to head to the hospital, there was a calmness about it that I had never witnessed before. Her son was at play group with the Nanny. For the first time in a long time, Michelle could make a health decision without having to panic about who would care for her child. This solidified for me personally that getting a Nanny was a great solution for the Way's current situation.
Of course, a Nanny does not come free! Those of you involved in our facebook group "Supporting Michelle Way" know that there is an address that cheques can be mailed to. We are also planning some fundraisers that you can keep updated about on facebook. I will also try to include that information here for non-facebookers.

A special address and account have been set up in trust for the family:
*Please write your cheques out to: Michelle Way In Trust

*Cheques can be mailed to:
Michelle Way In Trust
PO Box 30082
12051 No1 Road
Richmond, BC
V7E 0A6

Alternatively, you can go into any Coast Capital Savings Credit Union and make a deposit into the Michelle Way In Trust account.

Please note that I have also set up a Paypal account(located right) for those who want to donate but not mail a cheque. This is my first ever Paypal account, so please bare with me as I fumble through the process.

Those who have already made donations or commitments to come to our first Pub Night at Legend's on March 21st, we thank you so much. The Ways feel so blessed to have such generous and caring friends!
Thanks!
Tracey

1 comment:

  1. Please email me the HTML code for the PayPal donation link so I can share with other friends!

    thanks
    Vanessa in California
    vscalder@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete